We can perform both techniques at Willett House, and, although an ovariectomy is the preferred technique, our surgeons would be happy to discuss which technique would best suit your dog.
Although we still undertake conventional spaying we recommend the keyhole bitch spay because it has the following advantages:
- Reduced tissue trauma
- Reduced chance of bleeding during or post-operatively
- Reduced post-operative pain
- Small skin wounds with no skin sutures
- Less risk of post-operative complications such as infection and wound breakdown
- Faster recovery times meaning less time on restricted exercise – this procedure is ideal for working dogs or those dogs in training classes etc
In addition to offering this service to our registered clients we are happy to provide this service to non-registered clients and can liaise with your normal vet, so your pets post-operative care can be carried out by them.
Please contact the team should you require any further information or advice regarding this service.